Mill City Grows (MCG) improves physical health, economic independence and environmental sustainability in Lowell through increased access to land, locally-grown food and education.
To increase community access to healthy, fresh food through the development of urban food production and distribution networks.
- Confront health and nutrition inequities by increasing access to fresh produce for all Lowellians through additional supply of local food.
- Create financial independence and quality of life through the increased economic opportunities and decreased cost of living and urban blight.
- Foster environmental sustainability through developing food producing spaces which embody the positive aspirations of the community.
- facilitate the creation and management of urban production sites in Lowell;
- engage community members in food production via community garden membership, educational workshops and seasonal events;
- create communities dedicated to and benefiting from the sharing of resources and knowledge;
- develop markets as access points for consumers and distribution points for producers.