Mill City Grows works towards creating a food just community where residents are engaged in creating a food secure community that promotes the ability to grow, consume, and distribute healthy, locally produced food on protected land.
We foster FOOD JUSTICE by increasing community access to healthy, fresh food through the development of urban food production and distribution networks.
Mill City Grows:
- Creates and Manages Community Gardens where residents can grow their own food
- Creates Urban Farms where our team grows thousands of pounds of food that are distributed throughout each of Lowell’s neighborhoods
- Partners with Lowell Public Schools to install gardens and provide garden and nutrition education through our School Garden Program
- Trains Gardeners in hands on urban agriculture and community leadership through our Educational Programs
- Increases Access to Local Food with our Mobile Market