ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF URBAN FARMS & MARKETS
+ Full-Time, year-round
+ Close Date: December 15, 2017
Mill City Grows seeks a talented, efficient, and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of the Associate Director of Urban Farms and Markets. This position reports directly to the Co-Executive Director and provides oversight and guidance to the Mobile Market Manager and Assistant Farm Manager. The Associate Director will work closely with the Mobile Market and Farm teams to manage all vegetable production at our 3 urban farm sites, as well as distribution of more than 30,000 pounds of fresh produce. Our Urban Farms are production oriented systems that are also hubs for education and volunteerism. We use organic and sustainable growing practices, and combine hand-work and mechanized systems. Our Mobile Markets are equity-driven and focus on engaging our low-income and low-access customer base.
- Commitment to and experience in community work, education, and food justice.
- Experience supervising, training and team building with staff and volunteers
- Experience operating and maintaining farm equipment
- Required 4 years experience working on a vegetable production farm
- High levels of organization, time management, work ethic and leadership skills
- Be eager to work hard and get dirty in all kinds of weather (cold, heat, rain, snow, wind)
- An aptitude for physically demanding, fast-paced work (the ability to safely lift and carry 50 pounds repeatedly)
- Eager to learn and able to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Safe driving record, valid license, proof of car insurance and registration
- Must be able to pass a CORI/SORI check
Knowledge of Lowell neighborhoods, communities, and languages a plus!
CLICK HERE to view the full position description and benefits.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mill City Grows is an equal opportunity employer.