COME GROW WITH US IN LOWELL!
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
Lowell Farm to School Manager: Full Time with benefits
Close Date: June 28, 2019
Start Date: mid/late July, 2019
Position Objective: The Lowell Farm to School Manager is the hub for all Farm to School Programming at Lowell Public Schools, and an active point of contact for all partners including Mill City Grows, Lowell Food & Nutrition, and Lowell Public Schools. The Lowell Farm to School Manager will increase communication between current and future partners, build plans for excellent program delivery, and catalyze the growth of our local Farm to School movement.
Position Description: The Lowell Farm to School Manager position is a dynamic role that ensures great communication between Lowell Public Schools, Lowell Food & Nutrition, Mill City Grows, and future partners in our shared goal to center local and nutritious foods in the student experience. This is a new and exciting position which will be responsible for leading our partnership-driven program model to ensure a cohesive, district-wide Farm to School Program in Lowell. This includes coordinating between Aramark, Lowell Public Schools, and Mill City Grows. The Lowell Farm to School Manager will be the nexus of nutrition education, school gardens, and food access, all of which are our Farm to School priorities. While the Lowell Farm to School Manager will be an employee of Mill City Grows and report to the Director of Programs, they will be guided by the shared goals of all partner organizations to support Farm to School initiatives that inspire student preference for local and seasonal produce, support food access & healthy students, and build excitement around wellness through nutrition and garden education.
Position Responsibilities include:
Program Management & Development
- Lead a coordinated and cohesive effort to grow and strengthen Lowell Farm to School Programming across the district
- Grow the Harvest of the Month Program to ensure district wide saturation, including managing and supporting recipe development, taste testing, menu planning, and data collection
- Developing integrated nutrition education from elementary to high school – ensuring students are informed, engaged, and have opportunities to deepen their knowledge
- Professional Development and Training: support a culture of school health, grow nutrition educators within Food and Nutrition staff, build and disseminate replicable curriculum, trainings, and resources across the district
- Foster student voice in Farm to School programming including spear-heading Student Advisory Groups at the elementary, middle and high school level
- Develop and foster strong relationships with program partners to ensure the continued success of Farm to School Programming
- Supervise Mill City Grows’ two FoodCorps Service Members, manage all FoodCorps administrative duties, and communicate across partners related to FoodCorps training, support, and evaluation
- Supervise Education Coordinator to provide garden and nutrition support throughout the district including maintaining school gardens, after school programming, and acting as a resource for the school community to ensure that gardens are safe, functional, and well-used
- Other duties as assigned
Program Administration, Oversight and Evaluation:
- Evaluate Programs: track and process monthly program data; prepare quarterly program reports; support grant reporting efforts; and other reporting as necessary
- Development and documentation of program systems, protocols and procedures
- Supervision, training and performance evaluation of the Education Coordinator and two FoodCorps Service Members
- Participate in all staff events, meetings, team trainings and professional development
- Foster collaboration across all Mill City Grows programs and staff
Fundraising and Development:
- Support organization fundraising efforts including: grant drafting, site visits and program tours, organizational events and embodying our culture of philanthropy
- Ensure the Farm to School Program meets all outcome goals including grant commitments
- Work with Mill City Grows’ Director of Development and partner team to apply for grants applicable to Farm to School (including garden infrastructure, program sustainability, equipment, etc.) and responsible for subsequent reporting and evaluation
- Work with Director of Programs and Director of Development to plan and coordinate sponsor/funder site visits
- Collaborate with Development Team on additional organizational fundraising efforts as needed
Marketing & Special Events:
- Create/distribute collateral materials for schools to promote Farm to School programming and a culture of health
- Support marketing and communication through providing program information for monthly newsletters, website updates, press releases, presenting at conferences, and being an ambassador of MCG’s mission and programs
- Participate in planning and execution of our annual Harvest Festival
We are seeking a motivated candidate who is passionate about food and the role it plays in building a healthy life. The ideal candidate has experience and strengths in program development, team building, and strong interpersonal and communication skills. We would prefer a candidate to have culinary experience and be ServSafe Certified, but we will support this certification process with the right person. As a coalition builder the candidate must have excellent communication skills and be very self-motivated. Candidates must have the ability to not only see obstacles, but craft feasible solutions to meet goals; demonstrate a commitment to cultivating community and promoting equity and inclusion; be a great team player and passionate about food justice work; possess an interest in sustainability; have a love of learning, and a desire to grow professionally and personally; and have the desire and ability to go above and beyond to get the job done.
Mill City Grows offers a strengths-based collaborative staff team, flexible work environment, with parking and accessible office location in Lowell. This position may require some evening/weekend hours. Salary range is $40,000-$45,000. Benefits include: health, dental, & vision insurance, short term disability, 11 paid holidays, vacation, sick, & personal time, and fresh veggies!
Email cover letter and resume to Lydia[at]millcitygrows[dot]org with the subject line: Lowell Farm to School Manager
Please have 3 references upon request.
Mill City Grows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Development Associate: Full Time with benefits
Close Date: June 24, 2019
Start Date: August 5, 2019
The Development Associate position is new to our small but growing fundraising team. The Associate will streamline the efforts of the development team and help Mill City Grows reach our goals through tracking activities, managing project timelines, and maintaining accurate donor data. The Associate will support efforts in all areas of development including foundation giving, corporate sponsorships, individual gifts, special events, government contracts, and marketing. The Associate will also help to support a strong Culture of Philanthropy in all of Mill City Grows’ activities. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Responsibilities: The Development Associate will play a critical part in ensuring Mill City Grows has adequate resources to grow and enhance our food access and education programs. We are looking for a tech-savvy database manager, with impeccable attention to detail who can make sure our donor information is always up to date in our Salesforce database. As the Associate will be handling private donor information, they must understand donors’ rights to confidentiality and maintain discretion in handling all data and communications. We are seeking candidates who have excellent written communication skills and can draft a variety of documents such as timelines, thank you letters, and marketing materials. The ideal candidate must also be able to work successfully with multiple deadlines, and have the skills to support leadership staff by providing detailed database reports, accurate contact lists, and managing effective and thorough team project timelines.
Candidates must have the ability to not only see obstacles, but craft feasible solutions to meet goals; demonstrate a commitment to cultivating community and promoting equity and inclusion; be a great team player and passionate about food justice work; possess an interest in sustainability; have a love of learning, and a desire to grow professionally and personally; and have the desire and ability to go above and beyond to get the job done.
Additional skills: Salesforce; Microsoft Excel, Word and database skills; experience with Google Suite, Dropbox, design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, or Canva.
Non-profit experience and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Mill City Grows offers a strengths-based collaborative staff team, flexible work environment, with parking and accessible office location in Lowell. This position will require occasional evening/weekend hours for special events. Salary range is $45,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health, dental, & vision insurance as well as vacation, sick, and personal time, as well as fresh veggies!
Email cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples to hr[at]millcitygrows[dot]org with the subject line: Development Associate
Please have 3 references upon request.
Mill City Grows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.