Welcome to ROOT:
Lowell’s hub for fresh food and community!
Within historic Wannalancit Mills is ROOT, Mill City Grows’ 1,800 square foot, four-season community space where Lowell residents will come together to engage in our local food system, prepare delicious meals, share knowledge and food traditions, and build lasting relationships.
At the heart of ROOT is its 400 square foot, state-of-the-art industrial kitchen which will allow us to expand our education programs and provide year-round fresh food access.
This inclusive, dynamic space will welcome and engage Lowell families by:
- Being the central location for our Farm to Table Family Cooking Classes, one of our most in-demand programs that engages multi generations in cooking and eating a rainbow of fresh produce
- Helping expand our farm share programs through increased food preservation and storage capacity
- Deepening our Food Is Medicine initiatives to ensure that our most vulnerable, food-insecure neighbors have access to the vital foods that can help protect and heal from disease and illness
- Expanding food preparation and preservation workshops for our community gardeners and school partners
- Providing the perfect setting for celebration and community-building
ROOT creates vast opportunities for Mill City Grows to connect Lowell residents through hands-on programs, knowledge and leadership building workshops, and the simple joy of sharing a homemade meal among neighbors.
Help us make a lasting contribution to the health and wellness of our community and ensure fresh food access in the City of Lowell. Thank you so much for your support!